Questions or comments about this site contact WEBMASTER
SELECTED CONSULTATION CLIENTS
- National Institute of Mental Health
- United States Secret Service
- United States Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division
- National Institute of Justice
- National Institute of Corrections
- Center for Mental Health Services
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration
State and Local Governments:
- Dist. of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Puerto Rico
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Province of Ontario
- Correctional Service of Canada
- Province of British Columbia
Selected Corporate Clients:
- American Express
- Boise Cascade
- Borden Foods
- Chase Manhattan Bank
- Corning, Incorporated
- DaimlerChrysler Corporation
- General Dynamics
- Johnson and Johnson
- Kraft Foods
- Levi Strauss
- National Basketball Players Association
- National Basketball Association
- National Semiconductor
- Nationwide Insurance
- Oracle Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- State Farm Insurance
- Texas Instruments
- 3M Corporation
- University of Arizona
- Warner-Lambert Pharmaceuticals
Professional Organization Clients:
- American Psychiatric Association - Committee on Correctional Psychiatry
- American Correctional Association
- Arizona Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
Federal Court Expert and Monitor:
- Independent Expert to monitor a Federal Court settlement agreement at the Bernalillo County (N.M.) Detention Center in Albuquerque. (Completed)
- Federal Court Monitor (one of two) of a settlement agreement regarding the Institute of Forensic Psychiatry at the Colorado Mental Health Institute – Pueblo. (Completed)
- Federal Court Monitor (one of three) of a settlement agreement regarding the Forensic Unit at the Western State Hospital in Tacoma, Washington. (Completed)
- Federal Court Monitor (one of two) of a stateside settlement agreement between the Michigan Protection and Advocacy Program and the Michigan Department of Corrections. (Active)
Dr. Dvoskin has served as design consultant for major renovations and new construction of a number of state, federal, and territorial psychiatric facilities during his long career. The following is a partial list of these projects:
- New York - As part of his duties as Associate Commissioner of Mental Health for the state of New York, Dr. Dvoskin oversaw design of major renovations to Mid-Hudson Psychiatric Center, a 300 bed forensic psychiatric hospital in Middletown, NY. Completion of this project resulted in significant reductions in violent incidents at the facility.
- Georgia - As part of a federal class action, plaintiffs and defendants agreed to ask Dr. Dvoskin to assess suicide hazards at six of Georgia's large state prisons, resulting in cost-effective, potentially life saving physical plant changes to rooms in which suicidal inmates were housed.
- Louisiana - At the request of plaintiffs and defendants, Dr. Dvoskin performed a comprehensive assessment of suicide hazards in the state's juvenile correctional facilities.
- Puerto Rico - Dr. Dvoskin served as design consultant for a new correctional psychiatric center, which cost less than renovation of the existing building, which was the basis for a finding of unconstitutional conditions.
- Michigan - Dr. Dvoskin assisted the state of Michigan, which was involved in constitutional litigation regarding its prison mental health system, in creating a system within the Department of Mental Health. He also served as design consultant for new beds added to a state forensic psychiatric facility.
- Maryland, Florida, and Maine - Dr. Dvoskin served as consultant to Commissioners of Mental Health, including consultation on the physical plants of forensic and civil psychiatric hospitals.
- Delaware - Dr. Dvoskin served as design consultant for the new forensic wing of the state's psychiatric hospital.
- Colorado - Dr. Dvoskin served as design consultant for the state's new forensic psychiatric hospital; a design which combines a sense of privacy and dignity among patients without sacrificing the visibility needed in order for staff to maintain safety.
- Washington, DC - Dr. Dvoskin served as consultant to two Federal Receivers, then to the Commissioner of Mental Health, in a variety of areas. These included an assessment of the number of beds needed, then to assist in a Capital Plan for the entire District of Columbia Mental Health System. Most recently and currently, Dr. Dvoskin serves as design consultant for the creation of a brand new Saint Elizabeths Hospital, to replace the entire civil and forensic hospital campus. The design of this facility, which is now under construction, included an innovative consumer advisory panel, facilitated by Dr. Dvoskin, which had input into every phase of the project's design.
- North Carolina – Consultant to architectural renovation of forensic unit at Broughton State Hospital.
- North Carolina – Consultant to Disability Rights North Carolina to assess safety and security of new Central Regional Hospital.
- Harris County, Texas – Consultant to the Harris County Sheriff’s Office on the construction of a new jail in Houston, Texas.
- Miami–Dade County, Florida – Consultant on the capital renovation and program development for a new community forensic facility for Miami and Dade County, Florida.
- Oregon Department of Corrections – Consultant to creation of large correctional complex, including mental health unit, in Junction City, Oregon.
- Idaho Department of Corrections – Consultant to creation of a 300-bed mental health unit.
- California Department of Corrections – Consultant to the design of prison mental health and healthcare units
- Florida Department of Corrections – Consultant to design of prison mental health unit